The Five Flooring Options Designers are Loving
For homeowners everywhere, typically "performance" is one of the most important traits of a flooring option with the "style" factor not far behind. From the perspective of an interior designer, the look is everything! As we craft new looks for our homes, it always helps to receive ideas and design cues from the experts themselves. Here are five flooring options that designers are currently loving to create with:
- Wood-Look Tile – The incredible beauty of hardwood flooring is not inherently suited for every room in the home, especially rooms that deal with moisture. Luckily, gorgeous tile varieties such as this Daltile Emblem Floor and Wall Tile provides unmistakable wood texture and tones in hip neutral grey. You can choose the look of genuine wood with the performance and versatility of timeless tile!
- Waterproof Luxury Vinyl Tile – For many interior designers, budget constraints can present a tricky factor when it comes to selecting flooring options to match an ultimate vision. Luxury vinyl tile styles like this Kingsport First Class Tile allows homeowners and designers to craft bathrooms and kitchens with the look of natural stone while providing an easy-to-install, waterproof floor at a valuable price point.
- Geometric Patterns – Perfect for modern design schemes that emphasize clean, sleek lines and proportion, geometric patterns allow you to add life to even minimalistic room layouts. This Seda Wool Area Rug in color camel adds texture, softness, as well as subtle color and pattern in a way that blends and balances to perfection.
- Large Format Patterned Tiles – Designers are absolutely loving the dramatic effect that large format tiles present, and the pop of pattern and visual interest is the perfect touch. Rooms avoid monotony with patterns! Consider using a patterned tile like this Compass Ceramic in Harmony White with a star/compass rose pattern to add an engaging feel to your bathrooms, mudroom, kitchen, and more.
- Engineered Wood – Hardwood floors retain value better than other flooring options and improve resale value. Many homeowners hire designers to give a home a revamp with a future resale in mind. This Allure Affinity Oak style provides the cherished graining and rustic charm of real wood while offering easier installation and greater moisture resistance than solid wood floors. Engineered wood options are perfect for a stunning design refresh with a faster turnaround.
We love all of these fantastic flooring options and we are happy to explore these design possibilities for your favorite rooms! Set up a Virtual Design Appointment with our America’s Floor Source design team and we will set up an online meeting to review the flooring samples that will complete your inspired home.