LVP and Hardwood Aren't Just for Flooring
If you’re looking to spruce up a room or complete a bold design refresh without performing a complete renovation, one of the simplest methods is to create an accent wall! Accent walls can provide pops of color, call attention to a space you want to show off, and create a focal point in a large room. Although you can often achieve these looks with a can of paint or some wallpaper, there’s another exciting way to add undeniable visual interest and texture.
Have you ever considered crafting a cozy room with a wood-planked wall? This chic addition conjures up feelings of warmth, comfort, and intimacy, even in the largest, most modern spaces. If you prefer a more rustic vibe, classic brick with its weathered patina and timeless style will deliver a striking accent wall.
You can revitalize your favorite rooms using hardwood flooring, luxury vinyl planks (LVP), or thin brick wall covering (also referred to as brick veneer) to construct an accent wall. It’s a modern approach to bring style and character to an entryway, living room, or any room of the house!
The many ways LVP, thin brick, or hardwood flooring can be used on walls include:
- Stack planks to form a distinctive headboard behind the bed.
- Use LVP as a backsplash in the kitchen or bathroom. By using LVP that looks like wood, you can have a rustic wood-look backsplash that is inherently water-resistant and won’t be damaged by moisture or humidity.
- Turn planks perpendicular to the floor to create wainscoting.
- Use LVP to accent recessed walls, insets of bookcases, or the risers of staircases.
- Clever DIYers have used LVP to create faux walls that work both as an accent and as a way to hide cords and cables around wall-mounted flat-screen televisions.
These materials come in a multitude of styles and designs, and in the case of LVP and thin brick, can be very affordable and kind to your budget. Whether on the floor or the wall, these materials are extremely durable and easy to clean. Depending on your level of expertise, you may be able to handle the installation yourself! Many LVP products are click-lock and easy to install, although for a vertical application they need to be glued.
Accent walls using LVP, hardwood flooring, or thin brick can transform an ordinary room into an unforgettable space. Are you ready to get started on your home decor project? Schedule a Virtual Design Appointment with the America’s Floor Source experts to answer your questions about style, materials, and installation!